Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Vagus Nerve Stimulator and mental illness

I like your comment on instinct as flawed ... it resonates with my observations of too many people, often mothers, using it, the concept of instinct, to justify bad behaviour in their beloved children.

I tend to agree with  about the "once a scientist .... and continuing to test" thought ...I am not a good scientist anymore as I dont have sufficient data, and am aware of the limits of the anecdote, but I do try to be a good person.

Lets have self respect ... we have acknowledged what we do not know and what we do know.  I note that you and I are humble enough to admit what we do not know (unlike some doctors).  I was accused of hubris in my last choir because a cushy lawyer lady couldnt be bothered to listen or understand and wanted to sugar coat my life with grandiose bland generalisations ... I was useful to her for 2 years teaching her about music. I am going to call that narcisstic behaviour.  I can read a DSM.

If I get pushed out of any more groups by OTHER people's bad behaviour I will be tempted to try some very bad behaviour of my own.  If so-called socially confident people talk to me about karma I will see it as an invitation for action to address the injustices in my life ... I have already "sucked it up" and I apparently have a BS metre of my own.

It is very sensible to not want to take any more medication that necessary.  You @PD_Perhapsand I, and @ivana and probably many others, all know how to read a side-effects list.

Apple...I never read side effects of medication unless I feel there is something I can't explain. It keeps you objective and if you are prone to taking on those side effects.....they may just manifest themselves physically. People often confuse self assuredness with narcissism. I think it may be because they can't get past their own bias and narcissism.

I get it @PD_Perhaps, but at least we are talking and a thread developing.

My exhusband got a pharmacy text and had me read side effects of his meds so I could support him coming off anti-psychotics in the 80s.

I read them when I was breast feeding and so did not take meds during lactation or for a while after.

Back to reading about the Vagus nerve.  Fascinating really. Very relevant to my experience.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.