Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: How do you believe in love again?

@Appleblossom nice. that helped me to think about all the different social galaxies out there.  So the social garb  i adorn myself in,  might pass muster in one social neighbourhood, and make me look like the china shop bull in another.  with this little ember ,comes the flames of curiosity about all those lives out there.  regardless of the evirones that  shaped them, they still evolved into a big social organism whose  componnent parts are held together by a rule book that they all learnt to adhere to through observation and participation.  i missed out, and still do , on the participation and observation, part of life. imagine you wake from a deep sleep to find yourself in the cocpit of a passenger jet, and you cant fly,  so with every letter i read from you folks  comes a little insite into the new world out there and where when and how to use the social lubricant grease gun  i was born with. that snippet of your life was like wine to a thirsty man and i drink to you all   . best wishes .. tonys.   

@Delicatessen  that hit the spot mate. how many times ive had to watch ,. when harry met sally, i just eat my popcorn and shut up,  makes me feel good to know you summited.  peace be with you , tonys    ps  i actually like that old flick but dont tell anyone, 

Hi @tonys 

Your Harry met Sally reference made me laugh. I think we all have our movies that we'd rather not admit we love. Ditto for music, books etc. I rembember when I met my husband many moons ago. He was right into grunge (it was the 90s!) and while I loved it I also loved me a bit of mainstream pop. He also loved those edgy movies directed by Quentin Tarrantino and again, loved them too but also loved the chessy romantic comedies now and then. But I dared not tell him in case he didn't like me anymore. Ah the the things we do for love 😍

Hanami  💮

@hanami  thankyou. by the sound of your hubbys tastes , just as well your married him, otherwise he might have been kidnapped by me, i like everything but struggle with wrap but i do like the poetry in it.  twin peaks is my visual escape, in fact any thing by david lynch..  i still cry my eyes out when i hear rebecca del rio sing in that award winning mulholland drive movie and the thing is  , ,i dont know why.  lynch is a corrageous explorer.  you meet somene new unwrap there artistic tastes, and expand your mind into them, does it get any better.  a toast to the arts, take care all

Haha @tonys yep the 90s was something special! I loved loved Twin Peaks. So good. 

You have good taste indeed. A toast to the arts - yes please!

💮

@tonys 

No one size fits all ... in the social landscape ... kulcha is so rich and diverse.  

We are David Lynch fans too ... my brother had taste in cinema ... now my son has great taste ...

Yep I like a lil poetry.

@hanami @Appleblossom   i put 2 names in to see if it goes to 2 people. at once. but it seems like everyone can see a reply to a letter even if i put nothing there so i guess putting a name in just alerts the 2 people named and also goes where everyone ca see it as well.  lot of people didnt take to the second twin peeks series, but it got me intrigued strait away. it seems one doesnt have to understand some thing to enjoy it, its about the place time and emotional terrain the observer is in when the traveller and the artwork meet.  every time i loose myself in lynches moving paintings,  i feel and see something new,  may good dreams find you in your sleep...tonys

Hi @tonys yes to all of the above!

If you tag members into your post it just alerts those specific members that you've tagged them in a post you'd like them to read. The post itself is still visible for all other members to view. Which isn't a bad thing because you get to connect with more people! 😊

Wishing you a lovely slumber @tonys 🌝

Sirius

Getting the hang of the site takes time. @tonys Tagging people who show interest can work, and joining into some of the more general threads like the "good morning", "share a cuppa" or Friday Feast threads, can open your posts to more contacts ...

Cinema can be powerful stuff. Lately I have been watching a bit but I should get some stuff done.

Take Care

Apple

@Appleblossomthanks for tips again. im finding i read a reply and then ill  loose it, and a lot of the ones i read are copies of onesi  i just read so takes a while just to do the little bit i do.  but one day when i can navigate in the place im in at the moment with confidence, ill see if i can find a thread. guess this means im not in a thread at the moment, its ok , i used to miss the bus when i was a kid a lot too. one day i ll muster the courage to ask someone to sit next to me and walk me through it.  only way i seem to grasp complex things,  have a lovely day.  tonys

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.