Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Short courses/Hobby

Thankyou @faithandhope!!
Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm learning to sew right now!
What I would recommend is looking into '
learn to sew classes'.
Some communities run them, but mostly they are shops or commercial groups. Tafe is also an option if you'd like something more formal.
I found courses come in two types - either learn it all over a weekend, or do a few hours classes once a week. I personally do the latter and I find it consolidates my learning better and I can come back each week and ask questions and get help with my side projects.
Once you know the basics, there are sooo many options out there. Check out the internet and facebook for your local groups they often have meet ups and the like. Most capital cities in Australia have a 'spoolettes' group on facebook and I find they are a really lovely bunch of people.
There are blogs out there for inspiration and advice for projects. etc etc.

Thankyou so much! I have found a sewing for beginners group

@KU777 Hi KU777 knitting is my hobby as started today and has totally exhausted my wee brain cells. This is what I have done so farimage1.JPGimage1.JPG

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nice work @greenpea!

@Former-Member Thanks 5-HT. How are you going tonight? Did you decide what to do with the job applications?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've decide in the cover letter to talk about wanting to focus on my studies and either talk about that's why a short term (12-18 months) contract is good, or make up some stuff about continuing studies PhD for the continuing jobs.
Right now I'm writing up some stuff that I want to talk to my therapist about tomorrow. SO SCARED!
WHY MUST IT BE SO HARD!
SCARED!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Once you've gotten the hang of knitting @greenpea, try smaller diameter needles. I find the smaller easier to use for some reason.

@KU777 I like to dance and chose a very challenging type of dancing. Only thing is that it's female only and I'm not sure of your gender:)

Hi @KU77

Lots of ideas already!

As @Phoenix_Rising meantioned i do love to draw but also branch out into painting, poem writing, and calligraphy.

If you like to study theres short courses onlinr that are free. The site is called open2study there could be something there of interest to you or inspire you to do simething. I remember there's a photography course that teaches a few skills then you could try photography as a hobby

Lots of things out there
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.