Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Short courses/Hobby

I have a great hobby for me that I will share.
I am a rock collector. Its good for me because of the many different areas that I can get involved in.
As well as building a mineral collection. I cut and polish gemstones. Go into the outdoors to do some collecting. I became a member of a gem club which gives me some social contact with others of similar interests.
I hope that you find something of interest that you can go along at the speed that suits you.

Welcome to the forums @Rightomate ...... 👋

Have been on a few gemstone club excursions growing up in the outback ..... my grandma cut and polished the stones.

I wouldn’t mind learning to sew, that is a good one @KU777 Smiley Happy

Love your DINOSAURS @Former-Member, have you seen those Dinosaurs kits that you can make Heart

Hello @Faith-and-Hope, @Rightomate, @outlander 

Former-Member
Not applicable

No, @Shaz51 - what dinosaur kits?

You can buy them in hobby stores , @Former-Member, they comes in boxes  and you have to put them together Smiley Happy

kits.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, yes. I have some of those. My parents bought them for me for Christmas a few years ago. 😊

That looks great!

Thankyou all for your replies! I found a community centre that I feel comfortable going to and they have sewing classes and watercolour painting classes that I will join! I’ve also signed up for a personal development group which is very challenging for me to go to. I might even do an aquarobics class too. I just needed things to do as I don’t like the empty feeling I have when my child goes to school and I’m left with an empty day.

Here is my first attempt at scarf knitting finished ... flaws covered up lol.

WIN_20180116_14_05_10_Pro.jpg

@Former-Member Yes I ordered these one online because all the you tube sites said use big needles and I thought I better get the biggest possible so they are 25mm!!! When they arrived I was like OMG! dinosaur needles!!! my son said they are the same size as a Stegasaurous tail spike he was very impressed 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.