Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Kitty1231
Casual Contributor

taking cbd oil with anti depressants

I am not sure if it appropriate to ask this question here but I need some feedback on your experiences with these two drugs.

I am currently taking an SSRI anti depressant and have been considering adding cbd oil to it for my anxiety and sleep.  I have actually purchased some non prescription oil which gets a lot of good feedback in their group. BUT..

I have read a few mixed review on mixing to two.

Has anyone had any positive or negative reactions?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: taking cbd oil with anti depressants

Hi @Kitty1231 Thank you for being here. 

Just wanted to pop my head in to let you know, unfortunately SANE isn't a medical service and we aren't allowed to provide medical advice. I'm wondering if you have spoken to a medical professional about this? A CBD clinic in your area may also be a good place to ask. 

This is a legitimate question and I think you deserve some guidance, so hopefully you can get that from a trained professional. 

SANE community, just a friendly reminder to refer to the SANE community guidelines around medication and medical advice before responding. 

Thank you,

Paperdaisy 

@Paperdaisy 

Thank you. I do apologise.

@Paperdaisy 

I was just looking for feedback I suppose from ones that take the medication.

But I will look elsewhere for help.

thank you

@Kitty1231 You don't need to apologise. You are seeking support which is very admirable, we just need to maintain our guidelines 😊Thank you for understanding. Hopefully others will still be able to respond to you, within those guidelines. 

All the best with your recovery 😊

Hey @Kitty1231 👋 

I smoke weed and take antidepressants. Weed has by far been more beneficial for me. However, it varies from person to person. So what works for me may not work for you.

But i was very unwell last year and struggled massively with depression. I don’t believe I’d be alive right now if I hadn’t gone back to it. 

@pancakes 

Thanks for your reply.  Weed isn't a choice for me, but thought taking cbd oil an option.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is using it as well as the Antidepressants.

Hey @pancakes

Thanks for your post! I can certainly appreciate the desire to share coping techniques with the community here :). As a person with lived experience of complex mental health issues, I think it's great how you acknowledged the nuance of everyone's different mental health journeys. What works for one person might not work for another, as you mentioned!

Just a friendly reminder that, whilst everyone is entitled to share their story here, it might be helpful to have a quick look over the guidelines regarding recommendations that could move into medical advice. Don't be alarmed - it doesn't seem like you have broken any guidelines in this post - this is also just as a friendly reminder to everyone reading along :). It certainly seems like your intention in this post was to support the community - which we can totally acknowledge.

@Kitty1231 and one of our previous peer support workers have spoken about the importance of medical professionals. Can I ask if you have any health professional supports in place in your life?

@LittleSteps   Yes I do have professional support.

@Kitty1231 I hope you can find something that helps soon 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.