Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@Dimity wrote:

Haha I like numbers too @NatureLover

🙂 1000 seems a long way off @Dimity ! 

Regarding my morning routine, sometimes if I have a bad day I go back to bed after breakfast, and don't complete my morning routine till say 3pm. This is bad in the sense that my morning routine involves taking diabetes tablets, but good in the sense that it can be done at any point in the day and I still feel good that it's done. It kind of starts my day off, even at 3pm. 

@Dimity wrote:

Yes my friend needs support, she's battling pain and illness. I'll get back to my own stuff but I'm a bit slower on higher meds. 

I feel for your friend...She sounds in a  very difficult situation. It's good of you to help her. 

While you're helping her, will you continue to see your helper on Thursdays? 

Sending care to you 💚

ImRe: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

I'm glad you had an outing after all @NatureLover .

Yes grey and soggy here today. I got wet going to the shops. Hope you can use your therapy light again soon. Apparently some medications can exacerbate sensitivity to sunlight. The evenings will be very dark after daylight saving ends. I tend to have low vitamin D so will try to remember to take a supplement.

Hope you can achieve something tomorrow.  It was chores for me today. 

@NatureLover I got off to a good start - I want to make resistance training part of my morning routine. I'm finding it harder to commit to than walking, which I manage to do every day.

I'm still feeling my way re how & when to help my friend.  I'll need to get back on track with my helper as I have a contract. I get a sinking feeling when I contemplate everything that needs to be done. When I was trying to do a bit of my own stuff each day at least I could console myself I was chipping away at it. It's now 3 weeks that I need to catch up on. I'm not sure why time seems so pressing but it's worrying me. 

All I can do is resolve to start again. 

I hope you don't fret over things too.

Wow, resistance training, I'm impressed, @Dimity  🙂

You sound in a difficult position, as helping your friend must be so draining, leaving you little energy for decision making and sorting your own stuff 😞 Could you allocate a number of days a week to your own stuff and the rest to your friend? Plus a day of rest in there somewhere to give yourself a break? 

You're right about some medications increasing sensitivity to sunlight - I had forgotten that. 

I need to do general tidying all over the house today, plus laundry. Luckily laundry is something I generally enjoy doing. 

Good luck today...wishing you good...

@NatureLover I did general tidying today too. I need to get onto the ironing.  My head isn't in the right place for planning or decision making atm, things have caught up with me so I'll just take one day at a time until I'm feeling better. I think I'll see my friend weekends but try to stay in touch during the week. I'm getting the roof and gutters cleaned tomorrow and will try to get ready for my helper.

Hope you have a good day.

@Dimity wrote:

My head isn't in the right place for planning or decision making atm, things have caught up with me so I'll just take one day at a time until I'm feeling better.

That sounds good, @Dimity 👍 I hope things aren't too overwhelming. 

I did general tidying yesterday. Am pleased to report that the long kitchen bench is still free of junk. But the floor isn't...need to tackle that today. 

Good luck today with the roof and gutters, and preparing for Thursday. 

You're doing well to keep the bench clear @NatureLover . I need to clear papers from the kitchen table. Did you manage to deal with any of the bags on the floor,?

After the rain eased I got the gutters cleaned and a branch trimmed. 

Today I packed two boxes. Not sure if that counts as tidying or backsliding, but there's less than there used to be. I still don't know what to tackle tomorrow with my helper.  Yes I do feel overwhelmed. I'm not sure where the day goes and the last week or two is a bit foggy. 

Thanks, @Dimity  🙂

I didn't achieve much or manage to clear the floor yesterday, but it might take several goes. Or one go, if I have energy and determination. It really depends on how I feel when I wake up...I'm generally not disciplined enough to push through unless there's an inspection coming up. 

I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed 😞 I guess you're not getting enough down time? 

@Dimity wrote:

there's less than there used to be. 

Well done 🙂

I hope it becomes clear what to do today with your helper, and you have the mental, emotional and physical energy to tackle it. 💚

SeveraRe: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Several goes is fine @NatureLover, you won't always have the vim and vigour to push through. 

Today I caught up with my psychologist re the last month. Then I wasn't up to doing much this afternoon so collected a couple of bags of potting mix instead. My helper suggested a way forward so I'll try it. I've thought of a couple of other possible openings too. And I have a lot to do in the garden. So I hope to start moving forward again. 

Re: SeveraRe: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Sounds like you are gathering strength again, that's good, @Dimity  🙂

Do you see your psychologist monthly? Me too. 

I'm glad your helper helped with an idea. 

I haven't done any more on the bags on the floor, so that's this weekend's job. I am feeling a bit down due to the gloomy Melbourne weather but can't yet use my therapy light box much as my skin is still itchy. However, it could be worse. 

Hoping you have a good day today...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.