Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

Sounds like a good day for you @Zoe7
I was only on this morning henceghe delay in reply. I sent an email cancelling China lol. Felt good tbh. Then also asked them if they knew of places in Poland I could use TESOL. Might as well ask them. Kindly of course.
It's good having something to now aim towards though. Just gotta get down on the research and reading. That's all that needs to happen now. Hopefully I can do that asap.
But today I just took it easy. Can do all that starting Monday next week.

I won't be at FF again either this week. Going to a meetup tonight

Hope uni is treating you well @Faith-and-Hope

It is so wonderful that this is all coming together for you @MDT - you have worked so hard to get this opportunity and you very much deserve it. Enjoy the feeling of achievement over the next couple of days and begin as planned doing the research from Monday.

I don't generally do FF - gets a bit too hectic for me at times. 

Hope the meetup goes well - fill us in afterwards on how it goes.

I do feel a bit overwhelmed by it @Zoe7
But hopefully a few visits to the psych and then some reading and research will assuage that fear.
My fear is my MH taking it out of me. Isolated. Alone. Scared. Frightened even.
Anyways. I'm sure I'll enjoy tonight. Even if it's raining lol

I think I'll have bouts of depression leading up to it because that's just normal for someone with MH. Fears being realised etc. But they can't last forever @Zoe7

I am not surprised you feel a bit overwhelmed @MDT it all happened really quickly and there is a lot to take in. 

I am also not surprised you are worrying about your MH but from what I have seen on here from you @MDT you are more than capable to do this. There would be times when you felt alone, isolated and/or scared even if you didn't have a MI to worry about - think that is all very natural seeing as you are going to the other side of the world on your own. The experience will be amazing though buddy and I am sure you will do all the research you need to beforehand and no doubt the people running it will give you plenty of info as well. It is a new adventure and one that I think you will not onlly fully embrace but excel in.

It is @MDT ..... it’s a bit of a refuge for me at the moment.

Refuge is important @Faith-and-Hope I found uni the same for me 🙂
@Zoe7 once again well said. Meetup was crap lol.

How are you this evening?

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @outlander @TAB @Appleblossom @Former-Member @BlueBay @Ant7 @Adge

Sorry the meetup was crap @MDT Smiley Sad

I am watching a crime show atm - just waiting for meds to work and then I can try for sleep. Last night was ok so I hope tonight is the same.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.