Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

The wait is super hard @Captain24 

That downward spiral is difficult too.

Not sure how I can help but here with you

I think I need help. 

Can you call someone or jump on a chat @Captain24 

Worth a try

Hi @Captain24 thank you for posting on the Forums so we can support you. I have sent you an email if you can respond to that please? RiverSeal  

It’s taken me 3 hrs but I have bathed Pix, had a shower and taken her for a walk. 

I have nothing left to give. I don’t feel any better. I don’t see the point in anything. 

Well done @Captain24 for what you did xx

Hey @Captain24 ,

It sounds like another difficult day, but I can see you have pushed yourself to do a few things. This ought to be recognised, in that the effort it took for you to complete these tasks would be a lot more than others probably realise.

Have you hurt of the spoon theory? That each person starts with a particular number of spoons and each task/activity utilises a spoon? Feel free to do a search and tell me what you think.

I’m sick of everything being so hard. @tyme. I did manage a few good days though I guess. It took everything I had just to do those little tasks. I still have to go to mums for tea on nothing. 

I just googled it. It’s a really good analogy. I have run out of spoons but I didn’t start the day with many. It’s a good way to start the day thinking of how many spoons you have and how to use them efficiently. I think I’ll add it to my toothbrush one and see if it helps me accept what I can do. 

It sounds hard @Captain24 . I read you feel you don't start with many spoons - maybe it's about how we use the spoons we do have?

Have you every read up on the concept of radical acceptance? This helps me so much when things are tough. It makes me just accept the things I cannot change in order to move on. It can be difficult to practice, and didn't make much sense to me when I was in the thick of things... but now, it makes so much sense and helps be have a better over of life.

How's your dad @Captain24 ? Are you going to their place tonight?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.