Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Gah, just lost my post.

Glad youare going into hospital, finally. I figured you had some really tough days recently.

I'm not so ok. Just stupid negative shite and headed back into the downward spiral.

@Snowie

@Sans911that is not good to hear.

Stupid brains - just when you seem to be heading in the right direction and have some good days, our brains deceive us and go backwards.

I did read you had an appointment with the new psych and it went ok/good.

Take care of yourself sweetheart. I am here for you, you are so important to me.

💜 @Sans911 @Snowie @Zoe7 ..... haven’t scrolled back far enough to see if anyone else is here..... I’m on the fly ..... but wanted to drop in hugs for everybody.  Thinking of you all .....

😘

The last few days have been really tricky with lots of hurdles along the way.

Workcover finally approved the hospital stay so am headed there tomorrow for at least 2 weeks. It has probably come at a good time especially after the last few days.

Went to a DBT introduction session the other day. There were quite a few people there too which didn't help with my anxiety.

Mid July I start a 8 week DBT course and then will go into a 12 month DBT program. The wait for the 12 month program is awhile but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Saw my pdoc who mentioned changing meds but will be done in hospital. Spoke about some managable goals to try and achieve whilst in there.

The big thing that happened is that a colleague I trusted broke my confidentiality and privacy rights which has had a bad outcome for me, my mh and others. Have spent today talking to higher up people to try and make this right. As much as it can be fixed, that trust is gone forever. Just another adult in my life who has broken my trust.

I think that is it for now. 

@Snowie 💕

Hearing you @Snowie - so much hearing you - I felt exactly the same way last week when I had that phone call from HR - no trust in anyone atm Smiley Sad

Do you know which DBT module you will be starting with? 

@Zoe7yes trust is such a big issue.

No I am not sure which module I will be starting with 

oh now I want to know @Snowie so I can be prepared for you lol - wouldn't it be great if we were doing the same one...

@Zoe7it would be. I think the 8 week is more of an overview however. 

I am wondering if maybe you start with Core Mindfulness then @Snowie - those are the skills that we always refer back to. There is a lot to fit into 8 weeks in each module so that would make sense. I didn't do that module first and it really would have helped if I had - I cam in mid-way through this round of modules. I hope you find it beneficial and I really look forward to being able to talk about some of the things with you. I know @Sans911 has done it too so she will be a great asset to fall back on if needed.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.