Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Motion - new pathways - air -sea -land -us

I  will be back in about an hour I have a doctor's appointment

The ship sounds expensive @EternalFlower I will snuggle up in my wooden boat. There is a candle glowing, wax melted, stuck on the bow. My friend keeps me warm & holds me. I'm not scared of the waves. We fall asleep gently rocking under star lit sky. Crescent moon 🌙

I would go to a place where I can be completely pampered. Beauty treatments, fresh healthy food, worlds best water, calming music, relaxation, mud treatments, detoxifying, all the crazy new Age treatments available. I wouldn't have any responsibilities. I would have people around me wanting to take care of me. When I felt like I wanted to leave - if ever - I would.

I would get there once my chauffer arrives to drive me wherever I need to go. Travel plans are worked out for me already. I wait to hear my driver arrive, around 11am. I walk down my driveway & get in car. Pampering begins.

Hello @StanD 

I am going to try to respond to each reply that you have written

Your first one was feeling unsure and even putting yourself down for not knowing the answer straight away.

Please know that these ideas on this thread are around dreams mostly.

I personally believe not knowing the answer straight away is very human.

I think it shows intelligence to not jump in straight away with an answer in some situations especially like this one where we think about it for a while because we are also using our imagination.

So you did well.

Your answer about the flying was about your first experience.

I love flying and all of the reasons that you enjoyed.

Feeling claustrophic possibly is quite a common feeling amongst many especially the first time.

You mentioned not knowing the pilot or meeting them.

That intrigued me actually and I thought what a brilliant concept for an airline.

Passengers are seated and the pilot enters, introduces themself and reassures them that the weather is fine, enjoy the journey, should arrive at such and such a time.

I have had this it might have been when I flew overseas and it was a good experience.

They all want to keep us safe as they want to keep themselves safe also.

Catch you in the next reply

Hello @EternalFlower 

I loved the image of three people rowing on a boat that you posted.

A little boat of warmth, care and safety sounds inviting.

I will read your other reply also

Hello @chibam 

I love flying when travelling to specific destinations to get there quicker.

I also love the window seat and spend ages watching the landshape shrink and change shapes, colours as the plane climbs higher into the sky.

Then I love to watch the clouds.

I once took a video with my phone of thick, billowing white clouds that changed to a dark grey.

It was so long.

It was thrilling flying through those clouds that I love watching from land.

When I looked at the video later it did not capture the feeling that I experienced at the time

I also love smaller charter boats, travelling along rivers looking at birdlife and environment.

I love houseboats and are a great form of escaping the mad race.

Having campfires on the riverbanks.

So my answer is depending on the type of trip my choice as a holiday itself might be fly overseas and go on a river boat or a longboat, canal boat.

Not a big cruise ship too busy for me.

or go on a houseboat as a getaway in the same state

Thankyou for supporting me @Former-Member I had an emotional breakdown type day. I will bounce back. Lackluster right now. Your support is helping me. Thanks for your praise about time to think. I don't know why I lose my confidence at times. I know who I am. I mostly know exactly who I am. I have problems with believing that others will like me - no I don't think that is it...I have problems accepting I am liked for being me. I will need to unpack that one day soon. I'm not sure that is the full the answer, there is more. Scared of my power. Oh, I see, it's like a catch 22 situation. I secretly know I am liked as I am. A person who didn't know their own power. I'm liked due to my humble opinion of myself. Therefore if I fully embrace my power & no longer humble, I don't know if I will liked - & that scares me. I don't know, something like that. Ironically, feeling pretty powerless after today's meltdown. 

Reply as you wish. I look forward to reading your thoughts & tips.

Hello @StanD 

You have a good way of expressing yourself.

You write as the thoughts come into your mind. I think. Tell me if this is not the case.

I do this sometimes.

I find that it really helps clear some of the nagging stuff.

Then you question yourself which is very good some of the time, not all of the time though.

Following that you question why and or how you are liked by others.

This is a difficult one because only other people can answer that.

Unless you are assuming what they are thinking.

Many of us do that when our confidence is low for whatever reason.

If you have had an emotionally difficult day that would leave you wide open to self doubt.

I would say to you if you secretly know that you are liked for who you are, that is the best way to be.

Change it from being a secret to self knowledge. You do not have to share your knowledge.

I just wondered if you changed the wording to knowledge which is great to have rather than a secret it might make a difference. Worth a try?

I am wondering what you mean by power though.

Is that your strength as in knowing who you are and feeling good about yourself?

I used to feel insecure and worry whether people liked me or not.

Then I realised that I was not being me which to me was ridiculous.

These days I am myself and I have more laughs when I occasionally spend time with others.

I have also realised that I do like my own company and do not like large groups or crowds.

Try being you because you will never know what someone else is thinking.

Takes practice.

Other than that I really do not have all the answers.

I do like helping others though and I know how important it is to feel listened to.

Most of all of the thinking and questioning comes when we spend too much time on our own not doing things that we enjoy.

What do you enjoy doing?

Hello @EternalFlower 

I just saw your support

Thank you

How are you today?

I have been thinking about the boat escape

Riverboats or canal boats or long boats are long and narrow with many little windows.

They go very slowly and are berthed next to riverbanks.

Some have been renovated and when restored in the original styling the timberwork is stunning.

We could have riverboat holidays and each drive our own so that we have our own space.

When we moor we can share meals, campfires on the riverbanks.

Or there are houseboats that are huge and have many bedrooms with their own bathrooms

We can cook on board and sit at the huge table or we can go up to the upperdeck and sit their watching all of the birdlife. Read a book. Play a card game or a board game . Someone can play a musical instrument and if anyone can sing (not me) we could have a singsong

What do you think of that.

StanD your idea is very luxurious and pampering.

@EternalFlowerand @StanD 

I should be back on tomorrow at sometime not sure as I have to go out for another appointment.

I will get back to you if you reply though, at some time

Thankyou @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.