Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Thankyou @outlander, I haven't heard of that stitch before, it looks nice in your blanket, I'll check it out.

Enjoy @saturnzoon its the same technique for a grannysquare except its going side to side instead of in a square.
I can see your picture now too. Nice colour choices

Morning everyone

@outlander - love the colours in your new blanket. I can imagine your aunty will love that 😊

I'd put a border on everything now, but that's just me. To me borders really finish a project, plus I think it's fun to try out new ones. On top of that, borders can straighten the edges and seem to flatten the piece too. A picot border is what came to mind when I saw the picture of yours. I think it would look great but there are heaps of others that would also.

Here's a picot border on a granny stripe that I found online 

images (27).jpeg

Hey @saturnzoon. Great to hear you've been able to work on your blanket a little too. It looks like it's going to be really snuggly 🙂

I haven't finished a hexagon project but I have started a couple. Somewhere in a box in the garage I think I'd find a bag of hexagons if I looked. I remember making some African Flowers, which look like this.

images (25).jpeg

I could make them without running in to too much trouble, but from memory I had some issues with getting them the same size and with way too many yarn ends to sew in because at the time I didn't know how to work over the ends.

I found this link to three hexagon patterns which look great to start with. They use just a few stitches which I think you'd be fine with considering how well your stripes blanket is going.

Happy crafting all 😊

Morning @CheerBear
I chucked the blanket. I wasnt happy with it and the colour changes were really frustrating me so ive decided to buy a nice yarn cake and just go with that then add a border. The border you picked looks nice and think itll go well with the stripe too.

Hi @outlander, you asked on the other thread if I could upload some images of my finished knitting project. My phone camera is really crappy and the colours go weird on the edges of the shots. But here are a few images...

Close-up of stitches, 3 colours interwovenClose-up of stitches, 3 colours interwovenMid-shot of stitchesMid-shot of stitchesThe whole piece, about the size of a bathmatThe whole piece, about the size of a bathmat

This will be wrapped around a tree, along with pieces of knitting done by other people. All together, it will be a patchwork knit-bomb installation at a forthcoming day of music and art for mental health. Smiley Happy

Just awaiting your pics to come up @Mazarita im looking forward to seeing them

oh thats really pretty @Mazarita i can see the colours nice in these pics. good job 🙂

Thanks, @outlander. Good to hear you were back into the crochet yesterday too. 🙂

thanks @Mazarita 🙂

Aww i have to start all over again on the blanket 😞
Theres not enough white so now have to put this project on hold ( ill eventually finish it) but noe have to find another yarn cake with more white less green. So frustrating!

@CheerBear @saturnzoon and all anyone reccomend a good mostly blue and white yarn cake?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.