Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Depressed

@Alex32redden The appointments would be free. But I hear that you're in a very bad place and feeling hopeless. And also that professional counselling hasn't helped you in the past. 

I'm sorry you're feeling so distressed. Do you feel able to go back to your GP tomorrow and tell him/her how you're feeling?

Just a clarification in regards to seeing psychologists with a MHCP @Alex32redden @NatureLover Most do bulk bill but there are some where there is a fee charged so if you are ever going to go down that road again then ask if they bulk bill first.

@Alex32redden In saying that I very much hear how frustrating and pointless you think things are right now and very reluctant to see anyone because of past experience. I was wondering what it is you would like from us here. Is it a place to vent, a place to seek support and/or a place to feel a sense of belonging - all of those are okay but knowing a little more about your needs may enable us to help you more.

Ive just been. They told me to take more tablets

I dont really know. I dont know what to do anymore. Does anybody on these forums have any gathering groups?

As it is an anonymous forum @Alex32redden we are unable to advertise or promote any groups that anyone is a part of outside of the forum. It may be a good idea to contact the Help Centre on Monday to help you find supports/groups in your area.

Oh thanks @Zoe7 , I didn't know that - thanks for clarifying. 

@Alex32redden  I have to go soon, but hopefully the night owls will be around...If you want to speak to someone in particular, put a @ and a drop-down box will list names which you can click. 

What would you like to see happen, @Alex32redden ? (To echo @Zoe7 's question)

Sorry @Alex32redden , I crossposted with your post.

I think im having a strome. All the lights around me are too bright snd sounds are too loud

And my touching my phone doesntfeelrigyt

No worries @NatureLover It is unfortunate that not all MHCP sessions are fully rebated by everyone but that is the system hey Smiley Frustrated 

Thanks for giving @Alex32redden the heads up on tagging too Smiley Very Happy

@Alex32redden would it be worthwhile asking your GP for a referral to a psychiatrist? They are often way more knowledgeable on medications and can help in that area if your GP is simply upping doses.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.