23-02-2018 03:14 PM - edited 05-03-2018 12:25 PM
Welcome to this special Topic Tuesday discussion.
In this event we'll be looking at the support and treatment options available for people living with a personality disorder and asking you about their overall usefulness.
This discussion will be a little different to a normal Topic Tuesday because it will be part of a research project conducted by SANE for the National Mental Health Commission. SANE will be reporting on the lived experience of seeking support and treatment for personality disorders.
Elise Carrotte, a Research Assistant at SANE, is hoping to hear from you about your experiences accessing support and treatment services in Australia. We’re looking at the big picture, including early intervention, diagnosis, treatment, recovery, relapse prevention and social/financial support.
What types of services have you accessed? What have you found helpful?
Please read the Participant Information Sheet before deciding to participate in the discussion. By posting in this thread, you are agreeing that your responses can be used as part of the project. This may involve paraphrasing or summarising, or using direct quotes. If your comments are used, researchers will protect anonymity by using pseudonyms and removing any identifying details.
To get an email reminder on the night, hit the ‘Like’ button below.
06-03-2018 07:00 PM
Hi everyone & welcome,
Before we get started, please ensure you have read the Participant Information Form. Tonight’s Topic Tuesday has a different purpose than usual, and your insights will be informing SANE's research project.
- by posting in this thread you are agreeing to have your responses used as part of this project
- while we are discussing personal experiences, you are not under any obligation to disclose anything that you do not wish to
- If their comments are used, researchers will protect anonymity by using pseudonyms and removing any identifying details
- If they do not wish their comments to be included in the report, they must contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email and provide your username and the comment in question after the focus group within a week.
- please keep in mind our Community Guidelines, in particular our guidelines around defamation. While we want you to feel comfortable sharing what didn't work for you, we are unable to publish allegations against organisations.
Now, with that all said I shall pass over to @Elise_Research
06-03-2018 07:04 PM
Hi @NikNik and thank you for the introduction!
I'm a Research Assistant at SANE working on this exciting project, which is all about personality disorder treatment and access in Australia. Thank you in advance to everyone who joins the conversation tonight.
To get the ball rolling, my first question is: When did you first experience symptoms of your personality disorder, and what support did you access around this time?